Monday, June 27, 2011

Twitter Diva Contest

Image representing Twitter as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBaseDear readers,

I've been nominated in a first of its kind social media contest.  Yes, that's right.  I'm a Twitter Diva nominee.  If you haven't heard about this yet, here's the press release and here's the contest site.

Now, most of my competitors have been on Twitter since 2009 and have anywhere from double to 10 times as many followers as me.  I'm only 13 weeks old in the Indian blogosphere and twitterrati.  So I look at this contest as a cool way to say "Hello!" to everybody.  I'm currently 4th in the race out of 48 Indian girls.

The contest started on June 25 and ends on June 30.  Would you consider voting for me? :-D There's still plenty of time to check out my twitter page or read previous storify documents and judge on merit.

In other words, dear readers, Y U NO VOTE 4 ME? :-p

Thank you. I'm very grateful.

[P.S. The social media company running the contest takes ethics and privacy very seriously. They promise that the Twitter application used to log in to the site is standard and they cannot disable the feature that allows access to DMs until June 30 but they would *never* read or store your private information. I believe them.]

[P.P.S. Dear readers, Around 4pm IST on June 30 I discovered an announcement from the organizers made via tweet on June 29 not tagged to the finalists (I was racing at 2nd place with 100 votes on the afternoon of June 29) that changed the rules of the contest without notice and in an arbitrary manner. I registered my objection at the sudden announcement of a vote giveaway by the organizers to those selected finalists who turn in video, audio or text interview clips in the random amounts of 20, 10 and 5 respectively. I pointed out this is unfair to all contestants and amounts to picking the winner. My objections fell on deaf ears and extremely rude tongues (fyi - not the best move for a social media company). I have since unfollowed all twitter accounts related to this social media company and do not care to associate myself any longer with this corrupted contest. I have removed the link to the press release and the site. Thank you very much for voting for me if you did. I am surprised the company took such an unethical step. It is now past midnight in India and the contest is now over. Best wishes to all who participated and all who win.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Powered by Blogger